Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Alexander Graham Cracker's First Day Out

After a night of storms and lightning (thank you God for the rain) Trace and I loaded up the car and headed off for the first book signing for Alexander Graham Cracker Goes to the Moon. I have spent the last couple of weeks anxiously making sure everything was perfect. Business cards? check; books? check; posters?, check...the list became very long. The last two nights I didn't sleep at all. I would wake up with another item to add to the list. I wonder how I ever managed to teach classes.  Now here I am at 5 am writing a post because I can't sleep AGAIN. You would think I would just be exhausted by now.

We found the cutest quilt with rockets and planets on it, matching sheets to use as a table cloth, a lamp with stars and starry very soft pillows. I painted and made a magnet board, cut out aliens, make a rocket from an apple juice bottle and assembled my other favorite books to read.

I found a wonderful vintage silk shirtwaist dress from the 50's, a hat/gloves and chiffon hankie so I would look like Alexander's Mother in the book. I had to keep with the retro theme. I wore my Granny Red's brooch and matching earrings. I thought our table looked very nice. Everything coordinated and I even put up a video of the moon landing of Apollo 11.

 I wouldn't have been able to pull this off without my husband. Thanks, Trace.





No comments: