Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friends

Agatha Christi and Hercule Poirot

You are looking at a true friend in this picture. Wanda is the Hercule Poirot to my Agatha Christi. Who else but a true friend would dress like a man, including stuffing so we could make the perfect Halloween couple?  This is a woman who was there whenever I needed her.
 
I had three adopted "special needs" children. My son is autistic, Wanda was there to help me when he needed to be placed into care and it was very difficult for me to do so. She was also my "respite" care when I needed a break. Her sons were close in age to my son. She listened and learned how to deal with his unique problems. I truly do not think she will ever know how indebted to her I am for saving me when I thought I was drowning. Caring for children who are handicapped is very draining, even though I was married - my husband at the time was gone on business trips most of the time. Wanda was the person I leaned on for support and help.  

She is the one person I love to go get coffee with, bounce off new writing ideas, dream with, plot with, be a partner in crime, travel, impulsivity, life, laughter and love. Thank you, Wanda for being such a wonderful friend. People like you only come along rarely in a lifetime. I love you.

PS  Only a true friend would give you a pig!!



No comments: