Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013



Well, here we go. Another Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for my life, husband, family, etc. I can't count them all. Yes, there has been negatives this year, but the blessings far outweigh them. It is 1:00 am and I am still up cooking for tomorrow. Today was Jacob's 12th birthday and I didn't get to see him or talk to him. We will celebrate his birthday next week. I am making him a chocolate chip cheesecake with Minons on the top. We have already celebrated Benny's birthday on the 18th with Minions cupcakes. I took them to Chuy's bar and the bar tender and the waitress gave me a free margarita for cupcakes. They boys were so excited that MomMo made such cool things for them. They took the rest home. The only reason I'm making cheesecake for Jacob is because it's his fav.

Tonight I almost finished the dressing, it's waiting for AaBi's contribution, I finished the yam's, the pumpkin cream pie, and now I am making Trace's Turkey Cookies. This makes me very happy. Momma Jean made these for Trace since he was in the 2nd grade. I have taken up the gauntlet and the original cookie cutter and he had to have two before he went to bed tonight. I feel like she is here, watching over us and smiling. I hope I dream about her tonight. I miss her so much. She made me very happy and we had such a connection. Trace told me she "fell in love" with me and I did with her. If anyone reflected God's light, she did. When she died, I was awed by the amazing comments people made about her. There wasn't an unkind word. Ever. It is so wonderful to have two Mom's. They both are so different but I love them both. Taking care of her during the last year or so of her life was amazing. This woman took on Alzheimer's with courage and valor.  BTW the turkey breast and the chicken legs are in the crock pot. AaBi's bringing green bean casserole and oyster's for the dressing. I can't wait until we are playing games tomorrow and eating until we burst!

Today I realized that when my Mom passes, (not for a long time) I will become the matriarch of the family. It scared me. I need meds to deal with that one.

For tomorrow, as mentioned above, I've already started some of the feast. Tomorrow morning we will put up the winter clothes and pack the summer clothes. Mop the floors and clean the bathroom. Set the table with Blue Willow dishes and beautiful Autumn  Table cloth and a candle in a Chianti Wine Bottle. Trace will make his fabulous mashed potatoes. I have chilled wine and I suppose Mike will bring his beer. The sad thing is that the children won't be here. So it will be the four of us trying to make light of the fact we are childless. I almost cannot wait till Christmas.

Anyway, while all this is going on, I am crocheting hand gloves, making sock monkies, and mailing out signed copies of my book. Next week I need to get busy on making homemade Christmas presents so I can get them mailed. I don't think any of the kids will be here except for AaBi and Mike and Possibly Jessica. She is moving back from Austin. I will be so happy to have her here. I wish the other kids could be here as well despite WWIII starting.

I miss my sister and brother so much. Even Mom. I love the fact that I am the head of my family, but I need my Mom and family too, sometimes. Especially since Tracy's parents are gone. (oh, that means that Pam is the matriarch of the family...scary!)

God, Bless my efforts to promote my book and book sales. Bless the books that I am working on now. Bless Trace's business as Bella Vita. Please help us and make us a profitable business. I also pray for Dr. Williams. Her Mother just passed away and she was in the hospital with lungs full of blood clots. Please help her with her health and cure her. Let her have a long life in your service. Thank you letting us find a place to worship and adore you.

I love you Lord,

LaNell Koenig-Wilson

No comments: