Saturday, October 25, 2008

NaNoWriMo


In case you don't know what that acronym stands for (and it took me awhile to figure out!) It is National Novel Writer's Month. It is one of those strange events that takes place every year for a month. We are encouraged to work on our novel and write 50,000 words. You know, damn the torpedoes, plunge ahead...I tried to participate last year but didn't do so well. This year, I am a bit more organized. I have my Chihuahua Caper's notes organized, outlines posted on the wall, character's developed and am ready to get started. I hope I get to place the "won" sticker on my web page for getting the required number of words!

There is something about fall that jump starts my creative juices, both writing and artistic. I love my job because that also helps. I spent about 8 hours this past week "touch up painting" a frame that ended up looking fabulous. This weekend I am organizing my studio - such as it is - and getting ready to get the main computer hooked into the web. Our daughter Jessica moved out this week and that gave me an extra room for office/studio space. James is moving into the other space so I need to be creative with guest room accommodations.

Fall has been so beautiful this year! The leaves have been amazing and the storms coming in and dumping snow on the mountain tops have left us with beautiful vistas and cool days and cold nights. We already have had several freezing nights and I forgot to cover the flower boxes. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and certainly to Christmas. This will be the first year the boy's and any of the other grand kids that want to come are invited! I bought wooden snowmen that have places for lights. I'll paint them and add names to the scarves then line all 8 up in the front
flower bed. I guess on Thanksgiving we will start putting up the outdoor lights, that will take a couple of days and we want to get it done before the snows come. I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS with the grand kids!!!!

I'll try to post my newest drawing in pastels of aspens and some newer photos of the beautiful leaves.

Feel the peace of the changing seasons. Take time to breath in the aroma of the fall. Did you know you smell the snow??

Love ya!

No comments: